[Guest Post] Lizzi @ Bedazzled Booklover!


Hey guys! I'm Lizzi, from bedazzledbooklover.wordpress.com. I'm here to give you my top 3 summer contemporary recommendations! 

I live in Michigan, and as soon as the weather hits 60 degrees, we pull out our flip flops and tank tops, and begin driving with the windows rolled down. We head to the park for picnics, and the beach to read in the sun. I do those things, but most importantly, when I start feeling warm weather, I set out on a journey to my bookshelves (it's not a long journey. They line almost every wall in my bedroom) and I pick out the books I want to read for the summer. I normally have an obscene amount of books on my seasonal TBR, so then I go through and choose about 10 or so to list in my TBR post. The others just sit on my desk, awaiting their turn to be read. 

So today, I am providing you with 3 of my favorite summer contemporary reads. Each of these books is on my master TBR for the summer. 

So in no particular order, here we go! 


The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson is my new favorite summer contemporary. I read it in July last year, and immediately fell in love. One of the best things about it, is that it's over 500 pages. It's a really long book! 

It follows a girl named Andie, who is a politicians daughter, and has basically her entire life planned out. Until a scandal changes her life, and her plans. Then she meets Clark, a nerdy guy (Clark Kent anybody??) and a totally spontaneous addition to Andie's summer. She has to learn to live with the unexpected events in life, and with Clark, she attempts to do just that. 

It's an adorable coming of age novel, with just the right balance of cute, romance, cheese (I love the cheese) and feels. I definitely recommend picking this up over the summer. 



Next I have Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. Open Road Summer is the perfect road trip book. You can probably read it in one sitting if you're taking a long drive or are going to be on a plane for a while. If I remember correctly, the first time I read this book, it was like 1am and I needed something to read me to sleep, and I ended up staying awake until about 3:45am to finish it.

Open Road Summer follows a sassy and rebellious girl named Reagan, who just happens to be the best friend of a sweet, and totally famous country singer Lilah Montgomery. Reagan has just broken up with her boyfriend and is really torn up about it, and vows to be drama (and boy) free while she accompanies Lilah on a cross country music tour for the summer. Unfortunately for Reagan, fate has other plans. 

If you like romance, sassy main characters who could totally beat up a guy, and lots of drama, this is the book for you! 


Lastly, I have another book featuring a politician's daughter, which is My Life Next Door by Emery Lord. This is absolutely in my top 10 contemporaries of all time. 

We follow a girl named Samantha Reed, who is the daughter of the senator. She's got the perfect life in most people's eyes, but she longs for something more. Something that just happens to reside right next door. Samantha finds herself going against her mothers wishes and hanging out with her next door neighbors, and basically creating a life for herself there. But when a tragedy strikes both families, she has to make big decisions about herself and where her duty lays. 

This book will make you laugh hysterically, ugly cry, laugh some more, and ugly cry again. If you need an emotional roller coaster contemporary, My Life Next Door is perfect for you. 


That's all I have for you! Thank you so much Sabrina for letting me guest post on your blog! I hope you're enjoying your time off! 

-Lizzi
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment